As the world focuses ever increasingly on exploiting renewable alternatives to fossil fuel energy sources, it is perhaps inevitable that hydropower, an ancient method of harnessing the kinetic energy of water, has attracted the attention of those who wish to challenge the carbon fuel hegemony.
Ovivo’s design ingenuity, and its experience of installing and servicing Brackett Bosker® trashrakes and bar screens ensures that the businesses involved in power generation and in land drainage and irrigation operations maximize their efficiency and protect their installed plant and equipment.
As we respond to an imperative, our thirst for energy, nuclear power generation is gaining ever greater focus on every continent.
Ovivo companies have been key suppliers to the nuclear industry since its inception in the 50’s.
Between now and 2050, the world’s population is estimated to swell towards 9 billion, consuming more energy than the combined total used in all previous history. Under prevailing patterns of energy use, the results will prove calamitous.
As we recognize nuclear power is an indispensible asset to meet these needs, it would not be possible without vast amounts of water in its generation. Water heats, it cools, it lubricates, and conditions; and during phase change drive turbines; it washes away impurities. Ovivo is able to manage water use at every stage of nuclear energy production.
Ovivo, through its group of companies can help with the specification and design of most of the water treatment equipment found on a nuclear power plant. Including:
Cooling Water Intake Screening Systems:
- Drum or Band Type with Fish Recovery and Return.
- Cooling Circuit Conditioning:
- Biodegradable Mexel 432® treatment prevents biological growth.
- Auxiliary Cooling Circuit Treatment:
- Fully Automatic, High Capacity Backwashing Strainers.
- Fully Automatic Self Cleaning Debris Filters.
- Condenser Tube Cleaning:
- Fully Automatic Ball type On-Line Tube Cleaning System.
- Steam Generator Make-up systems:
- Purifying seawater, surface water or potable water feed sources.
A multitude of robust technologies available including, pretreatment, membrane and ion exchange based processes.
- Particulate Filtration, Internal and External Regeneration based on CONESEP® technology.
Side Stream Filtration:
- Pressure Sand Filters to limit solids in cooling systems.
- Bespoke systems of Ovivo equipment as required.
Storage Pond Water Treatment:
- Recirculation and removal of ionic impurities.
Ovivo have worked with the various required standards for Mechanical and Electrical design be they safety related or not. We have experience of supplying equipment to meet international technical requirements of ASME III, RCC-M/RCC-E and various national regulatory requirements such as the Finish STUK codes.